This document outlines the key information for Google Apps domain administrators, when their organisations are using MindMup 2 to store maps on Google Drive.
MindMup 2 is available in the Google Apps Marketplace. The easiest way to install it is by using the button below:
MindMup 2 is free to use.
Some operations – such as conversion and publishing maps – require the use of MindMup server resources. This requires us to pay third parties for processing power and hosting. Offering free unlimited processing power and storage would open MindMup to abuse and make it financially unsustainable, so we limit the capacity and availability of those operations for free accounts.
With an optional MindMup Gold subscription, you can remove those limits for your user account or organisation, and support the long term availability of MindMup. Both individual and domain-wide licenses are available.
Security and Privacy
To make it easier for educational institutions to lock down usage to just Google services, and prevent students from accidentally storing data somewhere else, the MindMup 2 application for Google Drive is completely isolated as a separate web site.
Some operations, such as converting maps to PDFs, are not possible to achieve in the browser. In those cases, maps are temporarily and securely uploaded for processing to our servers, and the link to the result is securely transferred to the users. The Data Security page has detailed technical information on that.
MindMup Atlas allows users to easily share read-only copies of their maps. When users publish maps to Atlas, the map content is uploaded to our servers and served publicly. Administrators of Organisational MindMup Gold accounts can choose whether their users are allowed to use Atlas or not. Blocking Atlas allows school administrators to enforce compliance, and ensure that students do not expose private data by mistake.
What can MindMup 2 access on Google?
- Only online access, so we only ask for acting on behalf of the currently logged in user in the browser. MindMup 2 has no permissions to access anything outside the currently active browser session (so no background/server access)
- Per-file access to the files on Drive that the user has explicitly opened or created using the MindMup 2. No global Drive access.
- (Optionally) Access to the user’s photo albums on Google Photos, in order for users to be able to select an image using the Google Picker. Uploading new photos to users’ photo albums on Google Photos, in order for the Google Picker to be able to add new images (uploads and taking a photo directly from the Picker).
- Read-only access to basic profile info (name, e-mail, profile photo) to display during collaboration
- Installation to Google Drive, so users can create and open files directly from the google drive web interface
If you need more technical information, the exact Google API scopes MindMup 2 requests are:
You can find more info on these at the following pages on Google:
If you require any further information, please contact us.