If you are getting an error that the collaborator list feature is not available, you may need to change your browser settings or speak to your network administrator about enabling web sockets.
MindMup collaborator list feature uses websockets, a two-way network connection between our services and your browser. Some browser extensions, network firewalls or proxy services can block such connections and disable this feature.
- Are you using disconnect, ghostery, privacy badger or some other blocker extension?
- Those modules, by design, block requests going out of a web site, so they may block access to our services. If you are using one of these extensions, you will need to whitelist those requests or domains. Check your privacy module documentation about that.
- Are you using an ad blocker?
- Some misconfigured ad blockers may think that web socket requests are trying to load ads. To check if you have this problem, start MindMup in a private (incognito) mode and check if it works. Here are the instructions for Chrome and Firefox. You may need to whitelist our services in those ad blockers to allow your browsers to receive collaborator list updates.
- Are you using a proxy?
- If your browser is indirectly connected to the Internet using a proxy, you may need to whitelist MindMup services in your proxy settings, or disable the proxy for SOCKS hosts.
- Still have problems?
- Contact us so we could assist.